WURD Radio is sharing a harvest for the world! From Oct. 11 through Dec. 31, visit wurdradio.com each week to find information on upcoming give-back events in Philadelphia. We will feature organizations hosting free food and clothing giveaways, workshops and more.
What is it? Free virtual tech workshops for middle school girls in grades 5-8
For more information: https://www.techgirlz.org/techshopz/category/workshops/
– 4:30-6:30 p.m. Oct. 13: “Web Concepts” — Learn how websites are built, work and how to become a web developer.
– 6:30-8:30 p.m. Oct. 13: “AI: How computers learn”
– 6:30-8:30 p.m. Oct. 15: “Computer Programming w/ C++” — Go on a programming scavenger hunt.
– 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Oct. 16: “Podcasting” — Record your own podcast.
Philadelphia Lawyers for Social Equity
What is it? PLSE provides free legal advice and representation to low-income Philadelphia residents whose criminal records are holding them back from achieving their social and career potentials.
For more information: (215) 519-5323; www.PLSEPhilly.org
Criminal Record Clearing Clinic:
– 2-4 p.m. Oct. 15, 3509 Spring Garden St.
– 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Oct. 23, 4701 Lancaster Ave.
– 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Nov. 13, 4701 Lancaster Ave.
What is it?: A website that lists information on food pantries in Pennsylvania
THE WURD WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
Black Talk Media sent straight to your inbox.
The post The Harvest: Find free food, clothing, classes and more resources each week appeared first on WURD Radio.